The 2017 CPA Call for Proposals is closed.
Guidelines for Proposals:
- All proposals must be submitted online.
- All presentation submissions MUST be received by midnight, August 28, 2016. This is a firm deadline.
- All sessions will be 90 minutes in length.
- All presenters will be required to register for the convention. Please consider this before submitting a proposal. A reduced registration fee is available.
- All presenters listed on the proposal must be able to attend the Convention. We make decisions based on the information you provide here.
- Proposals from members of CPA will receive preference. Click here to join CPA.
- No presenter may submit more than two proposals.
- There must be a primary presenter for each proposal. This individual is responsible for obtaining and submitting all required information for all presenters included in the proposal. Presentations are strictly limited to a maximum of FOUR participants per session, including the moderator if there is one. When you submit your proposal, you will be prompted to submit CVs for each presenter. We regret that incomplete proposals cannot be considered.
- We do not provide printed handouts to convention attendees. If your proposal is accepted, we will ask you to send an electronic file containing your materials/references by March 27, 2017 so that we can make them available to registrants online. The primary presenter for each session will be responsible for ensuring that materials are submitted. Alternatively, you may bring handouts with you to distribute at the convention and then send them in an electronic file to CPA for posting the week after the convention. We cannot reimburse for the cost of printing handouts.
- If you are inviting an elected official as part of your presentation, CPA policy requires that you contact CPA’s Director of Government Affairs, Amanda Levy, at 916-286-7979 x106.
Our Best Tips for Writing Successful Proposal