CPA Division VIII - Neuropsychology
PURPOSE OF DIVISION 8:
- Represent the professional practice and training needs of membership;
- Share neuropsychological knowledge through professional meetings, public presentations, the Internet and other media;
- Encourage members to aspire to the profession’s highest ethical standards;
- Promote cultural competency and diversity themes at all levels of education, training, and professional work;
- Provide public education on issues pertaining to healthy behavior, prevention, assessment, and treatment of neurological injury or illnesses;
- Advocate on behalf of the neuropsychological profession, our patients/clients, and our students via legislative advocacy and governance efforts;
- Work with CPA and the Board of Psychology, regarding issues relevant to neuropsychology; and,
- Collaborate with other Divisions and Chapters of CPA to further the interest in neuropsychology.
The mission of the Neuropsychology Division of the California Psychological Association (CPA) is to advance the communication and application of neuropsychological knowledge, promote cultural competency at all levels of training and professional work, and encourage the pursuit of the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct. We support professional development and the pursuit of excellence by fostering collaboration and offering a platform for knowledge dissemination, education, and training. We are dedicated to expanding the role of neuropsychology in advancing health, wellness, and diversity in our communities by providing public education and advocacy on behalf of the neuropsychological profession.
Membership of good standing within the California Psychological Association is a prerequisite for participation in the Division. Members of the Division must abide by the American Psychological Association (‘APA’) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, applicable regulations of the Board of Psychology, Medical Board of California, and the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners of the Department of Consumer Affairs for the State of California, and such additional rules as the Board of Directors may have or adopt as part of its policies as appropriate to their degree, license and class of membership. If you would like to join us, click here: Join Div VIII
The CPA Division VIII Listserv
The Division of Neuropsychology provides a home for neuropsychologists in California and works with CPA to ensure that issues of importance to us are addressed as a part of CPA's advocacy efforts.
This Division listserv is open to all CPA members.
We welcome contributions of your ideas and questions to the listserv. It's a great resource for referrals and for discussion! We're glad to have you with us!
To join the Division VIII listserv, click here.