Division VIII Specialty Areas
The mission of the Pediatric/Developmental Neuropsychology Subcommittee of CPA Division 8 is:
- To promote awareness of pediatric/developmental neuropsychology as an applied clinical service.
- To support high standards for education and training of pediatric/developmental neuropsychologists.
- To advocate for the practice of pediatric/developmental neuropsychology and the children and families we serve.
The Pediatric/Developmental Neuropsychology Subcommittee of CPA Division 8 aims to achieve its missions through its dedication to the following purposes:
- To outline the scope of pediatric/developmental neuropsychological practice and to encourage the recognition of this scope of practice amongst professionals, trainees, and the community/public at large.
- To provide education to the community/public that fosters healthy behavior and the prevention of neurological illness, injury, and pathology among pediatric populations.
- To promote the practice of pediatric/developmental neuropsychology by supporting practice-related concerns, including billing, insurance, and reimbursement for evaluation based services across multiple institutional settings.
- To organize and offer multiple training opportunities and CE coursework via seminars, workshops, online courses, web, and written formats with a focus on relevant and current topics related to practice and training issues in pediatric/developmental neuropsychology.
- To advise and support CPA and APA committees concerned with advancing the interests of pediatric/developmental neuropsychologists and the discipline of neuropsychology in general.