Do you have a passion for professional development?
Then we may be looking for you.
CPA’s Office of Professional Development launched a CE Provider Approval System (PAS) in October, 2012. A working group of experts developed criteria and standards and staff created an application and review procedure based on their work.
We then recruited 12 CPA members and organized them into four review teams to read the applications, apply the criteria and come to consensus about whether to approve or deny an application.
Periodically, we have a team member rotate off and need to recruit for a new member. Those who have served on CE or professional development committees, as Chapter CE Chairs or Division CE program coordinators, as program coordinators for their organization or institution are given priority in the recruitment process.
You can expect:
- One face-to-face, one day meeting in Sacramento per year with a potential for a second meeting. (Travel expenses will be reimbursed.)
- Two conference calls per year.
- An on-line application review process that you will complete prior to every face-to-face or conference call meeting.
- Perceptive, nuanced and open discussions with caring colleagues focused on quality professional development.
- To be part of the vanguard of the sea change that is trending in professional development within psychology.
- To serve your peers and your profession and have great fun in the process.
We are asking for an initial one year commitment. If you are interested, please send a letter of interest along with an updated copy of your CV to Patricia VanWoerkom (email@example.com.) You can find more information about the PAS program here. Please include any questions you have about this program in your email and we will contact you shortly.